There're so many of them... too many of them, I feel. D Whenever there's a romantic movie (in particular) coming up, lately, chanses are it's a live action from a manga. There're still some adapted from novels, but lately whenever I picked up a manga that I think it's interesting, sooner or later there's a live action coming. The reverse also happens where I saw movie trailers and thought of picking up the manga, and this category is piling up. Now, I'm not so sure whether this is a good trend or not, and I don't dislike the array of manga being converted, but I'd think it's an overkill if they're using the same dude over and over for the list of the live actions. The most blatant example is Fukushi Sota. Yes, he's practically a live version of shoujo manga male head to toe, but seeing him in highschool uniform over and over it's a bit too much lately. I'm sure there're so many other ikemen actors out there. There're gazzilion ones in Johnny's and Amuse that can be rotated, right?
Having said that, let's see how many that I've watched so far. Movies only. Somehow I still can track dramas, but I literally lost it on the movies. It's all starts from...Love Complex
- This is one of the earlier shoujo manga live action I watched. Lovely movie. I think this is made better than the latter years of shoujo manga live actionHoney & Clover
~ Like the drama better, actually, but the movie is a good summary :)Sakuran
~ Love this movie for the vivid color used. Didn't even know that it's Ninagawa Mika's work at that time.Nodame
~ Well, they just complete the whole franchise with a movie, basically. You just have to watch the movie if you already got hooked with the drama :p.Nana
- Love the manga (is it even still running?) The first one is great, the second one, not as good as the first one but I still enjoy it.Paradise Kiss
- Basically I love Yazawa Ai's manga (Nana, ParaKiss, Gekinjo Monogatari). Though the costumes are great and they really did do the blue dress, this live action is awkward. I feel Mukai Osamu is the lead because he's the IT guy at the time. Not to my liking.Bokura ga Ita
- Call me bias but this is one of the shoujo manga live action which is actually done well. They did a smart thing splitting it into 2 movies instead of cramping it all into one. A side note, Ikuta Toma playing high school chap is pushing the limit of youth LOLKimi ni Todoke
- This one is adorable, really. Love Tabe Mikako & Miura Haruma on this. One of the live action that I'd recommend to even non J-movie fans.Koukou Debut
- The girl is cute but the guy... hmmm....Kyo, Koi wo Hajimemasu
- Not bad but they don't keep till the ending and just have the movie ends in the middle of the manga. Recommend the manga, hands down! PS: Matsuzaka Tori in high school getup is pushing it though!Sukitte Ii Na Yo
- I like the manga but when this one becomes a movie, it's a little bit lacking, probably because there's just so many things to be captured to be at least faithful to the manga (well, there're tons of things inside) and also maybe because I've read the manga first before I watched the movie. But if you're after the dreamy live shoujo manga lead aka Fukushi Sota, this is it!LDK
- One of the boring ones, really boring, I couldn't even finish the movie T__T.Hot Road
- this could be a drama. The movie just cut short lots things and just keep the main plot and the turning point so at least we don't get lost. But they manage to keep the emotion and it's presented quite nicely that I end up enjoying the movie.Oouku
- This is more of a josei than a shoujo manga. The first installment is only the 1st chapter of the manga! Which is good because I love the 2nd chapter the most and they did it in drama format! The 3rd chapter is in movie again and I love it better than the 1st, probably because there're more emo in it XD.Hotaru no Hikari
~ They have 2 seasons of wonderful drama and they stretched the franchise to a movie. I like it because I'm a fan, but if I'm not a fan, probably I'll be confuse and end up not liking it. A tad sad for such a great material. I wish I have my own buchou at home LOL.Kanojo wa Uso wo Aishisugiteru
~ another one of the much better ones done. Probably because of Sato Takeru's acting and his chemistry with Sakurako Ohara is damn cute. The manga is better btw, more juicy parts which are left out as an attempt to make it G rated and the need to cramp things into a 2 hours movie.Kinkyori Renai
~ Quite enjoyable, they change bits here and there for the movie and it'd be even better if... Yamapi put a flirty front (yeah, I'll keep on repeating this bit LOL).( Put a cut because I added on the trailers... )
And I still wonder how come Japan never do MARS and Skip Beat! live action!
So, what are the shoujo manga live action that you're raving about and the ones go to the meh bucket?
Maybe I'll do the shounen version next time too as there're also tons of them!